Welcome to Prime GNU/Linux
What is Prime GNU/Linux?
Prime GNU/Linux is a complete gnu/linux micro distribution built from the ground up from source.
It is designed with four primary deployments in mind:
- Thin client network boot OS images
- Cloud/cluster computing
- Networked appliance devices
- Base OS for custom builds
This project began under the auspices of updating Core GNU/Linux. Along the way, administrative and logistical details led us to put Core on hold and continue the project under a new name, and with a more specific mission.
The mission is simple (in no particular order):
- Build a micro distribution with the previously listed target deployments in mind.
- Patch and hack sources only as a last resort.
- Build a community of interested people around the project.